Rucker Properties Inc. is one of the oldest companies in Northern Virginia. It owns, either wholly or with partners, a wide variety of retail, warehouse and office properties. The bulk of the properties are in Northern Virginia, with some additional properties in nearby Washington, D.C.-area locations.
In early 2015, Rucker Properties contracted with another venerable company based in Northern Virginia, Van Metre Commercial Management, LLC, to handle day-to-day management, leasing, asset management and development services for the Rucker Properties portfolio.
For inquiries about the Rucker portfolio, please contact Van Metre Commercial directly at (703) 273-3200 or visit vanmetrecommercial.com.
The Rucker properties include:
- University Mall (Fairfax, Virginia)
- Maplewood Shopping Center (Manassas, Virginia)
- Austin Ridge Shopping Center (under development) (Stafford County, Virginia)
- Oakton Office Building (2911 Hunter Mill Road, Oakton, Virginia)
- Catoctin Corner Shopping Center (Leesburg, Virginia)
- Brenizer Warehouse (Merrifield, Virginia)
- Wendy’s Restaurants (several; Washington, D.C., Maryland and Virginia)
George H. Rucker founded the business in Arlington, Virginia in 1906. His brother-in-law, Ashton C. Jones, Sr., joined the business in 1932. The company remains family-owned and operated. Sally H. Brodie, granddaughter of Ashton C. Jones, Sr., is the Chairman of the Board of Directors and Suzanne S. Brannan, great-granddaughter of George H. Rucker, is the President of the company.